Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+: low TX and RX on 12 meters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+: low TX and RX on 12 meters
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 20:27:38 -0500
As far as receive, the last low pass filter covers from 22 to 30 MHz, so if
ten meters works that rules out a relay problem.  You can verify relay
select voltage for both 10 and 12 meters on the last pin of J14. A bad "or"
steering diode could drop a band, but that is not likely.

As Gary suggested, check the soldering  where he advised to do so.

Being able to measure  The last miserable project Omni VI I undertook had a
bad solder joint in one of the bandpass filters on the LO Mixer board. Low
LO on RX and TX, low power and very deaf RX.  I suspect measuring the LO
level on Jack 26 for each band might give a clue if you have a RF
milli-voltmeter or milli-watt meter.

Pete