Re: [TenTec] Paragon Finals and other woes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Finals and other woes
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 21:06:32 -0500
Thanks, Pete,

I'm thinking maybe the Astron was putting  out too much voltage. I don't trust Astron supplies and don't have any in my shack. In general, I don't like running a radio on a power supply that has front panel variable voltage and current.  It's just too easy to make a mistake and it appears that this Paragon failed on turn-on.  I'm going to disconnect the B+ wire that powers the final and see if the rest of the rig powers up. The ohmmeter doesn't show a dead short, so maybe something is breaking down with applied voltage.

I will also repair the Ten Tec power supply to take the Astron out of the picture.

73,

Bob WB2VUF