[TenTec] Argosy 2 problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy 2 problem
From: Reuben Burch <wa4zen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 11:42:41 -0500
My Argosy 2 has an intermittent problem. At random times, the
frequency seems to "jump". This lasts only a short time but it is very
noticeable when listening to CW. If it happens on SSB it isn't as
noticeable. I don't know if the issue exists when transmitting as no
one has mentioned it. Some years ago I rebuilt the PTO using a TenTec
kit. That didn't eliminate the problem. Prior to rebuilding the PTO it
tuned smoothly so there appeared to be no reason to suspect the PTO.
Any suggestions?

73,
Reuben
WA4ZEN