TopBand: Two Wire Beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Two Wire Beverages
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 06:42:10 -0500 (EST)
Hi Chris,
Most of my Beverages are 580 feet long and eight feet high (They would
have even lower sidelobes and better f/b ratio if they were 4 to 6 feet
high but we have a large deer population that would create frequent
Beverage maintenance problems if they were below antler level.  Even as it
is they get tangled up in the sloping feed and termination ends!

Their beamwidth on 160M appears to be about 90 degrees on 160M and about
45 degrees on 80M.  I phase a pair of 580 foot Beverages together on 160M
in the Northeast direction only -- 270 ft apart side-by-side -- and that
produces beamwidth of about 45 degrees.

I do not have room for a 1200 foot Beverage on 160M, which would also
produce a 45 degree beamwidth.

73!
Frank
W3LPL