TopBand: Two Wire Beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Two Wire Beverages
From: nx1g@top.monad.net (Craig Clark)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 12:12:36 -0600

>Frank
>
>I run almost identical beverages here. To solve the "deer walking into
>the slopping ends" problem I taped a couple of those white plastic
>grocercy sacks to each slopping wire at "deer eye" level. Before I did
>that they used to tear down a Beverage every two weeks, after installing
>the bags I've had zero problems. Now if I could just figure out how to
>make the darn antenna ice storm resistant (teflon covered wire???).

Don't waste your time. I tried a teflon spray...it didn't work. Most og my
damage comes from falling limbs.

73 Craig

                        Craig Clark
                     soon to be ex-NX1G
        send me e-mail and I'll put you on our mailing list
                        Radio Bookstore
        Books for Amateur Radio, SWL and CB Radio Operators
                        (603) 899 6957
                        (603) 899 6826 fax
                        PO Box 209
                        Rindge, NH 03461