TopBand: BAD OPERATING HABITS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: BAD OPERATING HABITS
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 22:50:40 GMT
VE3CSK wrote:

>Several fellows have been posting the calls of stations which have been
>showing BAD operating techniques in the pileups for 9X4WW and TO0R.
>Personally, I think this is good...expose these guys for what they are.
>I know if I saw my call plastered all over a reflector, I would think
>twice about continuing my sloppy ways!

Gentlemen:

        This is NOT the purpose or intended use of this reflector.
Please take this discussion elsewhere because you are only wasting
bandwidth discussing this.  It is the FULL responsibility of the
DX station to maintain pileup control taking human nature and human
error into account.  As 9X4WW demonstrated, the proper reward for unruly
behavior is NO QSO.  That will VERY QUICKLY clear up poor behavior if
the OPERATOR makes it known.  No amount of discussion, griping, etc.
here will do anything substantial to change human nature and we do
not need more wasted bandwidth on this topic.

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV