TopBand: TO0R fm JA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TO0R fm JA
From: dl8wpx@SERVER.indo.net.id (Joerg Puchstein)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 16:34:29 +-700
----------
From:   Shinichi Watanabe[SMTP:ja0dai@msn.com]
Sent:   Sunday, January 05, 1997 6:51 AM
To:     TopBand ML
Cc:     John Devoldere

Hi all
Lot of reports on TO0R from Eu/US,
but I have never heard him or other report from JA.

Finally I heard him this morning on 1826.7
with 569 signal at peak around 2100Z.
He listened up for Eus and did not listen to JA band
so far I heard.

I am wondering if they can read this message.
Hope they will try for JA tomorrow morning (2030-2200Z, 5 Jan.),
or they will leave for VK0IR at that time......

73, Watt, JA0DAI

Dear Watt,

that's true, they weren't listen consequently for JA at your sunrise.
But I've heard TO0R calling Japan at least the last two evenings
between 18:00 .. 19:30 Z (that's the 'midnight' opening) and heard
also several  Japanese stations returning.
I know that's very early at your local time, but I also have to go up
every morning at latest 2:30 local to hunt for Europeans from here
(The last two nights I've spent completely in the shack, BTW with
minor success, only 4 Eu's in the log :-)

Best 73, Joerg YB1AQS