TopBand: A92GRUMPY DOG - Lost in the ether again.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: A92GRUMPY DOG - Lost in the ether again.
From: a92gd@contesting.com (Bob Frick)
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 07:12:18 +0300
Howdy,
   Well, gave it another go last night on 160. this time i hung around
1833 from 2342z until 0200z. Another no go as far as north america is
concened.  didnt event hear any of the VE big guns.  lots of QRN due to
really heavy winds blowing through hear from the north, wud like to
think reason for not hearing na signals was because the wind was blowing
the singnals away.....but we all know that isnt the reason. anyway,
sorry again.  dont think i should ask if anybody heard me. oh yes, gotta
question regarding the "shielded loop" im using..it there directivity to
it...i know its good for nulling out interferring signals but should it
be broadside towards my target signal or end on. by the way, the
"shielded loop" is the one mentioned in the arrl antenna handbook i
believe. there is a picture of Jeannie DeMaw with the "shielded loop"
in section 5-21.
thanks.
73
A92GRUMPY DOG