TopBand: 160M Contests

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M Contests
From: Jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon zaimes)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 02:30:01 -0500 (EST)
Hi Bob...interesting proposal! I think the license class subbands would be a
good idea. But why should the CW allocation on 160 be proportionately less
than it is on higher bands? On 80 and 40 meters, 50% of the band is for CW;
42% on 20m and 44% for 15m.

1840 and down for CW is only 20% of the band. I think making it CW-only from
1800-1860 kHz would better allow for the continued increase in activity we
can expect, and allow more room for split DX phone operation and digital modes.

73/Jon AA1K