TopBand: 3b7rf

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3b7rf
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM)
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 16:17:38 EDT
Hi All

Spoke to the K5KG a few minutes ago, and he said they were having real trouble
hearing on both 80 and 160M CW.

(I know - I called for over an hour and barely worked them on 80CW last night
at 0002Z).

They say they are hearing even worse on 160M (only Eu hash) and not much else.

They will try a short beverage or a magnetic loop perhaps tomorrow night - I
explained the loop to George, and I think he got it's design okay - if they
can come up with an 800 pf trimmer cap.

This one may be RUFF - to my knowledge, only VE1ZZ has managed a qso so far on
160M from N. America.

I haven't heard a peep myself here in SE NY.

73 Jeff
K1ZM@aol.com