TopBand: 3b7rf

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3b7rf
From: rtym@ippt.gov.pl (Ryszard Tymkiewicz)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:11:41 +0200
At 04:17 PM 5/10/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi All
>
>Spoke to the K5KG a few minutes ago, and he said they were having real trouble
>hearing on both 80 and 160M CW.
>
>(I know - I called for over an hour and barely worked them on 80CW last night
>at 0002Z).
>
>They say they are hearing even worse on 160M (only Eu hash) and not much else.
>
>They will try a short beverage or a magnetic loop perhaps tomorrow night - I
>explained the loop to George, and I think he got it's design okay - if they
>can come up with an 800 pf trimmer cap.
>
>This one may be RUFF - to my knowledge, only VE1ZZ has managed a qso so far on
>160M from N. America.
>
>I haven't heard a peep myself here in SE NY.
>
>73 Jeff
>K1ZM@aol.com
>
>--

Jeff,

They are difficult also from Europe!
I worked them Friday night but after almost 2 hours calling.
Many Eu's "BIG GUNS" were not able to got them,so they have to have really
strong QRN there.
They have quite good signal but with very deep QSB between S2-S7 and what
was more interesting /at least in my case/ their signal was better on my
transmitting Sloper than on a Beverage.
Anyway,still 6 days left ,so wish GL!

                  73 Rys SP5EWY