TopBand: CQ160 darkness

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CQ160 darkness
From: mika.kauranen@oulu.fi (Mika Kauranen)
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 10:23:34 +0300
Yes, I beat the east coast fellows with usable darkness

 On East Coast USA.(Local Time)
  1700 Friday to 0800 Saturday   =  15hrs darkness.
  1600 Sat    to 0800 Sun        =  16hrs darkness.
                                    -----
                              Total 31hrs darkness.
For me:

appr.

Fri 22.00z to Sat 08.00z        = 10 hrs
Sat 13.00z to Sun 08.00z        = 19 hrs
Sun 13.00z to Sun 16.00z        = 3 hrs

                                ---------
                                  32 hrs darkness

I only say the darkness does not make it alone !

Other geographical/local factors are at least as important. We never can get
conditions equal for everybody as as we are spread along the earth. The roposal
for 48 hrs contest time is better than current one anyway. It might inclde
obligatory 10 or 12 hrs off time.
hopefully cul on contests
73 !
Mika/ OH8LAE