TopBand: WAS IT REALLY.....?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: WAS IT REALLY.....?
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:24:58 -0500
IAA17877
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

Rag,

You're not alone on propagation. In the USA we have the same South (W3,4,5)
and the North W1, 2 etc. Distinctly different propagation. It is even more
pronounced when the band is open to the Pacific at sunrise. The W1s (very
near the Auroral oval) get killed! Even worse to Japan.

We are very happy to hear YK1AO on 160. Please tell Omar to get a decent
receiving antenna. He is often loud and continually calling CQ with lots
calling him from USA but few QSOs. I gave up on him!

73,

Joe, W1JR