Topband: Results, 1998 Stew Perry TDC?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Results, 1998 Stew Perry TDC?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:16:32 -0500
Hi Jeff and all,

This is a fun contest.

The lesson I learned was to never use high power because all
scores are lumped together.

Running high power moves the pain and suffering of digging out
weak signals to the ears of the high power operator, and as a
reward for being made to suffer for hours, the low power guys get at
least twice as many points in the process.

ex-NO4S, Wiley Bunn, always said the guys who copy low power
stations deserve the awards since they do all the work!

In honor of Wiley Bunn NO4S, a dear friend who is now SK, I'd like
to sponsor a special award for the high power guy who suffers the
most through listening to weak signals just to help them score all
the points!

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com