Topband: Re: DX Pileup Practices

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: DX Pileup Practices
From: k7tjr@pacifier.com (Lee K7TJR)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 08:59:31 -0800
I'm amazed with all the great talk about pile ups that I've not yet seen
anything about the dx op using call areas by the numbers.. Here in 7 land
when we hear 7's only we know we will get a legitimate chance except for the
lids that cant hear and transmit any way... I think the pile ups are much
more orderly with less QRM.. There is no way from the west coast we can be
the loudest to Europe or most Easterly DX with all the East coast
transmitting at once !!! With my new antennas I could actually hear the PW0T
and TI9M but have yet to confirm a QSO for the very reasons you are all
talking about... By the time you try to confirm you heard the exchange right
the QSB has weakened the sig and there are another 100 stations calling and
you cant for a moment tell when they are transmitting and when they are
not... I really appreciate the DX op that will stay with the QSO till done
and make the calling stations shut up till he (or She) is done with the
exchange..  Lee K7TJR