Topband: Re: DX Pileup Practices

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: DX Pileup Practices
From: nn4t@bellsouth.net (Steve Daniel)
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 02:29:10 +0000
Well, let's see. On 160 we have to deal with very significant QRN, extremely
deep QSB and a pattern of propagation that is, to put it kindly,
unpredictable. You would like to add the difficulty by disallowing split
frequency operation. That way all the people who are calling without really
hearing the DX station well (remember the gentleman who worked PW0T multiple
times and apparently did not know it until the operator publicly chastised
him?) will be calling ON the DX station's transmit frequency instead of up
2-4 Khz. Maybe 160 is not enough of a challenge for you sir, and you need
this added layer of pain, but I do not. Steve Daniel, NN4T.