Topband: RE: Omni VI+ A/B Test results

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE: Omni VI+ A/B Test results
From: k9ay at k9ay.com (K9AY)
Date: Tue Jun 24 15:11:48 2003
> > Ya had me going till the FT 757.

My 2 cents on the '757. I had one for a short time several years ago (ex-CB
pawn shop special)

Although the raw performance was poor, the quality of the received signals
seemed quite good. A big part of its subjective quality was due to the AGC
characteristics -- its "delayed AGC" did not pump up the noise floor, giving
the impression of very quiet receiver (as long as the band was not crowded).
Many receivers of that era had too much overall gain and 100+ dB of AGC
range -- great for ragchewing, lousy for DX and contests!

73, Gary
K9AY