Topband: RE: Omni VI+ A/B Test results

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE: Omni VI+ A/B Test results
From: k6se at juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 17:11:04 2003
Mike, W4EF wrote:

"It would interesting to find out if Earl tried the running the Ten-Tec
Orion with the narrow analog filters switched out while at the same time
cranking down the bandwidth of the DSP filters."
==========
Yes, I did.  Copy of the weak signal could not be improved at a DSP BW of
100 Hz when changing between the 250, 500, 1000 Hz and wider xtal
filters.

At 100 Hz BW regardless of the xtal filter selected, the Orion's NR was
ineffective.

In a public post to the Topband and Ten-Tec reflectors, Tommy, WD4K threw
all kinds of knives at my method of testing and my ability to do so.
Without throwing them back, let me just say that I am of the genre that
believes in what he hears on the air when evaluating a receiver.  I also
believe in lab test results, but I mostly believe that the final proof
always lies in how the receiver performs in the real world.

73, de Earl, K6SE