Re: Topband: Fw: 25G insulators

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Earl W Cunningham" <k6se@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: 25G insulators
From: "Milt Jensen, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 06:34:36 -0700
Good morning Earl and others,

My experience is NOT this result.  I had a full sized 1/4 WL of Rohn 25,
ground mounted and grounded, that I Gamma matched.  2:1 bandwidth was 20
kHz.  I converted the same stick to seried fed by installing the insulators
and immediately the 2:1 bandwidth went to just over 100 kHz.

Performance was equal in both cases, but NOT having to fiddle with the
remote tuning of the Gamma cap was more than worth the effort of installing
the insulators.

The arc gaps across the insulated section is a simple and very effective way
of taking care of the static charges.

End of conversation.  Milt, N5IA