Re: Topband: phantom click cop

To: feutz@wctc.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: phantom click cop
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:21:19 -0800
Ron, WA9IRV wrote:

"Twice in the last 4 nights I have been told by an anonymous station that
I had clicks "10 kc wide".  He wouldn't ID when requested.  After the
first incident, I immediately worked another station who was calling CQ,
and he said I had typically "hard" Omni 6+ keying...."
=======
I'm not the phantom click cop, but you should be aware that stock Omni
6+s also have clicks.  It's my understanding that when Ten-Tec went from
the 6 to the 6+ they did something in the transmit AGC loop which
introduced clicks in the rig.

INRAD tried to develop a click mod for the 6+ quite some time ago, but I
think they were unsuccessful.  N7JW and KH6DX/mobile have both
incorporated a click mod into their Omni 6+s which cleaned them up.  You
might try contacting them for more information.

73, de Earl, K6SE