Re: Topband: phantom click cop

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: phantom click cop
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 07:11:47 +0000
WA9IRV reported:

Twice in the last 4 nights I have been told by an anonymous station that I
had clicks "10 kc wide".  He wouldn't ID when requested.

After the first incident, I immediately worked another station who was
calling CQ, and he said I had typically "hard" Omni 6+ keying, but no
clicks that he could hear (I was 20 over at his place).

Last night, while working some DLs with my new (brand new-post click mod)
K2/100 as the exciter, the phantom cop came on again with the same
message.  A few minutes later he did the same to Bob, VE3OSZ, who runs low
power, and is a fixture on 160 CW.  I called Bob and told him of my
experience so he wouldn't worry about it.

Are you beta-testing the K2 de-click mod, or has it been released? I am afraid I missed something as I thought it had not been released yet.

73, VR2BrettGraham