Topband: Bev directions, accidental xmit

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Bev directions, accidental xmit
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-1@dfwair.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:39:09 -0600
Thanks for help with previous questions...

I now have two Beverages up -- 850' (260m)going East,
and 730' (220m) going NNE.  I have space and layout for
2 others:
* one going WSW, but can only be 490' (150m),
* and the other going NNW for 700' (210m).

Would the one pointing NNW even be a worthwhile direction???
(My location is Texas.)

Also, a side question -- what happens if I accidentally put 100 watts
into a K9AY TRX-9 Beverage transformer for a few seconds?
How about 1kw?   And will it be obvious if I blow the thing up?
Or am I likely to ruin the terminating resistor instead?  (470 Ohm,
2 watts resistor from DX Engineering -
http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?DeptID=5&SecID=19&ID=37 )

Looking forward to 160SSB this weekend!!!

Thanks & 73,
Dave NØRQ
n0rq-1@dfwair.net