Topband: 5U7JB

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 5U7JB
From: "David L. Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:02:59 -0500
For the Top Band Reflectors:   I spoke with Bull 5U7JB this Monday and he is
putting up a 160 L. and If his signal is a good as on 75 and 40 then many
will log a new country during the CQ 160 SSB.  I asked him to transmit on
1840 and listen up. I remember the 5N0 active several years ago who even
with a great signal (TS950 and TL 922 plus a big antenna) could not get the
attention of USA or European stations on either CW or SSB.  EA8 and D4 seem
to have the advantage of getting through to most but stations in West Africa
are too far off the beverages to be heard consistently.

73 Dave K4JRB