Topband: RE: 160 mode separation

To: <jimjarvis@ieee.org>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE: 160 mode separation
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:19:38 -0000

If you continually ask for regulation,you will
surely get it, eventually.  It may, however, not be
to your liking.

Herb said it best, I think...the global complexities
on this band are significant, making an informed
gentlemen's agreement the best solution, if the band
is going to be used for long distance work.

I think it's important not to get mired in past
QRM wars, as we attempt to redefine or reshape our
useage patterns to meet current needs.

We need an organized discussion amongst gentlemen to move this forward,
and somebody's going to have to lead in defining and guiding the process.
If not, we'll be talking about this and skirmishing until we all
die off, and somebody else has the problem.

I don't think it can happen via e-mail or reflector alone.  It requires face
time as well.  Just a suggestion, but would it make sense to find 30 minutes
at the Topband dinner @ Dayton, to try and put some structure on the
debate?  Then, roll it out from there?

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org