Re: Topband: ARRL Bandwidth petition

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Earl W Cunningham" <k6se@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL Bandwidth petition
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:03:30 -0500
Earl wrote:

> My planned comments (as usual) to the ARRL are to suggest that 160m be
> segmented into subbands.  That'll fall to deaf ears (as usual), so when
> the FCC asks for comments on the proposal, I'll suggest it to them.
>
> 73, de Earl, K6SE

Oh boy...  Here come the flames...

It seems to me this has been debated here before.  The conclusion this Op came
to back then was that dividing it up would create another 40M.  What a mess!
Canadians and Europeans working the world below 7150 on SSB and we in the US
just sit and watch.

If there were a hard-and-fast rule for mode/bandwidth/frequency subdivision
that would apply to the whole world, then I say 'divide it.'  Otherwise, I
suggest we leave the FCC out of this debate!

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com