Topband: Boring Report - more Europe!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report - more Europe!
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:37:03 -0500
It has been over five years since I was able to work multiple Europeans
in one evening on 160 - so working five last night is a sure sign that
conditions are much better.

QSB was very much in play on all stations heard.  I payed special attention
to ON4WW who needed Oregon.  I ended up hearing him twice over a period of
sevearl hours.  During the second peak we had an easy QSO with the peak
lasting a couple of minutes.

HA5JI who was the beacon a couple of nights ago, was much harder to copy
this time along and HA8BE was much more consistent - being heard many
times during the evening.

The band first popped open at 0157 when GW3KDB suddenly was out of the
noise.  Later, I would tune by SP2FAX and just caught his CQ - but not
all of his call (I had SV2??X).  Nodoby was calling, so I dumped my call
in and Kaz came right back.  His signal was heard a few other times over
the period of a couple of hours.

The 9H1 was working guys down south, but was really tough to hear.  I
think I heard his signal once, but not enough to copy.  I understand he
went QRT due to noise shortly after that.

A wonderful evening on top band.  W4ZV mentioned he was celebrating his
20th anniversay on topband.  Happy anniversay Bill.  Bill let HA8BE know
that he had several west coast stations calling, which resulted in W7LR,
K0RF and myself showing up in his log.

Hope to see more openings tonight.  This is starting to feel like "the
good old days".

73 Tree N6TR/7 - Boring, OR
tree@kkn.net

PS: Anyone have a QSL route for VP6BR?  I just noticed I worked them in
2000 and didn't send in a card for some reason.