Re: Topband: High pass Filters

To: "George & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>,"Barry N1EU" <n1eu@hotmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: High pass Filters
From: "Don K5AQ" <donhall@myriad.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:20:49 -0600
My best high pass filter is a 7-section built from the October, 1983 QST article by John Webb, W1ETC.

It helps get rid of WTAW about a mile away which is on 1620 with 10KW dayswhen I want to measure and 1KW nights when I want to listen to DX!

For measurements around 50 ohms to find resonance of the big verticals it works well with the MFJ 359 and is helpful with my short Beverages and preamp.

The MFJ-731 Analyzer Filter also helps keep the BC station out of the measurements. I recommend one.

73 Don K5AQ