RE: Topband: Conditions this weekend

To: <k6se@juno.com>, <zedkay@bellsouth.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Conditions this weekend
From: <JSimon@GrahamDunn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:36:26 -0800
I think it depends on where you are on the West Coast. Up here in the Seattle
area, where we can have very different propagation from those of you in
California, especially southern California, signals from the Caribbean and
north SA were not very good, and the opening to Asia was the same as yours -
puny. The 3D2 group had a consistently good signal, but there was little else
coming in from the Pacific. I had high hopes for the contest, just having put
up the Titanex vertical, but it turned out to be a bust.

VK9XG was readable this morning well before sunrise, but I had to leave long
before the signal would have peaked. When I left it didn't sound like any U.S.
stations were being heard by the VK9, but maybe that changed later.

 73, Jim  W1YY/7