Topband: 160 conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 conditions
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:00:07 -0800 (PST)
Nothing heard at all from HS72B this morning. No spots seen after W4ZV's spot
at 1153Z. Given the observed band conditions, I'd guess Robin was not on later
than that.

VK9XG was heard for the first time, peaking about 559. Of course he couldn't
hear me or anyone else calling and finally quit well before my sunrise peak.

UA0FZ and UA0FLZ were heard very well this morning and JT1CO was the strongest
I've heard him since my move to WA. JT1CO stuck around until my sunrise at
least and was actually peaking on my SW beverage jusr before sunrise. Given
that I could copy almost as well on my eastern beverages, I suspect the signal
was arriving at a very high angle. too bad more Asia/Pacific rim stations dont'
stick around until our Pacifc NW sunrise.

It's very disappointing that the VK9 and HS can't hear my 1500 watts and 90
foot top load vertical with over 80 radials. I have to wonder just how much
power it takes to break through their noise level. At least I don't need VK9XG!

73,

Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg
http://w7iuv.com