Re: Topband: Beverage grounding over rock

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage grounding over rock
From: "k1fz" <k1fz@prexar.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:47:11 -0500
Hi Dave,

I had a two wire Beverage that lost it's directivity. This after I moved the far end so the Plow would not push Snow over it. After a lot of work I found the end of a Barbed Wire fence was very near the new ground rod about 6 inches below the surface. This fence was above ground for about 1/2 mile over an old stone wall. It some how got under ground when the road way went in. This old wire put a lot of noise and signal into the new ground rod.
73
Bruce-K1FZ

"There is a standard barbed wire fence going by less than 10' away, with normal T-posts. Would hooking to it as a ground be of any use? " Dave NØRQ