Re: Topband: sloper antennas

To: topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: sloper antennas
From: zl3ix@inet.net.nz
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:31:39 GMT

> These "current at the top" verticals started in the 1960's.
> W2IU used to run one back then. I tried them for years
> myself. Without a FSM that resolves to a fraction of a dB
> you'll never measured the difference unless the ground
> system is pathetic.

My property is 350 ft long by 60 ft wide, which is not too small in this part
of the world.  Planning hassles have forced me to place my mast about 30 ft
from the rear fence.  That means that I am limited to 30 ft radials on 3
sides.  That would be classed as pretty pathetic by most people.

My attempts at top feeding in one form or another are intended to mitigate this
disadvantage as much as I can.  I guess a lot of guys may be in similar
positions.

73, Greg, ZL3IX