Topband: Remarkable condx

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>,"160 mtr" <160m@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Topband: Remarkable condx
From: "Iowaguy" <earlham@radiks.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:06:04 -0600
I have never heard JA signals like I heard this morning.  I worked a string
of JA stations around 1300z (fairly late in the evening for JA), virtually
all with true S8 - S9 signals.  There was very little variation in signal
strength between any of the stations.  Since most of the stations worked
were new for me, I'm assuming that I was able to work another layer deeper
than I previously have (like some of the stations that 8JI routinely works
that I normally have no hint of).  I don't remember this many strong JA
signals in the last cycle.  Is it too optimistic to think this may be a
harbinger for things to come?

73 and Happy New Year to all...Dave
W0FLS
P.S.  Antenna system here is a K8UR configuration 4 sq with a Comtek
phasing/switching unit.