Topband: K9AY and 756Pro - Summary

To: "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K9AY and 756Pro - Summary
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:29:37 -0500
OK - based on the responses I have, the K9AY seems to be a good way to go
for very limited space, with the following provisos:

(1) - Make sure that the K9AY has a good ground under it.  Additional
radials will most likely be necessary;
(2) - Directivity is a "day-to-day" thing - some days are better than others
(this may depend on the incoming angles of signals);
(3) Antenna may couple with TX antenna.  It is wise to decouple the TX
antenna from the RX antenna by distance, and by the use of relays. this
prevents rig front end damage, pattern deterioration, and damage to RX
antenna resistors.

Now I need to place a relay between the rig and amp, to disconnect TX
antenna, and a relay to disconnect RX antenna.... I think DX Engineering has
appropriate relays...Any thing else I need to do?

Scott