Re: Topband: High and low angles

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: High and low angles
From: "Ivo Pezer I7/9A3A" <5b4ada@aliceposta.it>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:48:20 +0100
  Unfortunately, never had a chance for a decent vertical or beverage on top
band. I hope I'll do it one day - still remember a HZ1 station testing
vertically polarized delta loop against a dipole - huge difference of 20 db
favoring delta loop.

  I had no availability for another antenna in suburb part of Nicosia, so
the only choice was full size Inv V @ 16 meters above ground (1/10 wave
length). It did miraculous job for me, working plenty of DX  stations
(including WAZ), as well as hordes of not-so-far EU stations.

  I even set a world record in 1999 CQ WW CW working nearly 1,000 QSOs and
80 countries and won CQ 160m CW contest (I think 2001).

  I wish I had enough space for a vertical or 4sq, but once again this weird
band demonstrated why it's also known as top band. From time to time you
will have a lot of fun, even with a modest antenna.

  73 Ivo I7/9A3A

  ex 5B4ADA/C4A