Topband: beverage / proximity to wire fence

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: beverage / proximity to wire fence
From: Paul Higginson <paul@greenrover.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:55:27 +0000
Hi All

I have the opportunity to run a Beverage antenna along a fence line. It
will be my first attempt at this type of antenna.

The fence line is a mature hawthorn hedge which along with odd wooden
posts will provide much of the support for the antenna.

My concern is that over the length of the fence, particularly 100 feet
at the feed end the hedge there is a wire and barbed wire for stock
control. These wires are about 36" to 48" tall.

My wire would be close to these fence wires for parts of the run.

What detrimental effect am I likely to see?

TIA

Regards Paul
--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI        |