Re: Topband: beverage / proximity to wire fence

To: ChetMoore <ChetMoore@cox.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: beverage / proximity to wire fence
From: Paul Higginson <paul@greenrover.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:13:41 +0000
In message <003201c5dfc2$d72bf980$6500a8c0@chetmebhbplyil>, ChetMoore
<ChetMoore@cox.net> writes
>Paul,
>
>Can you share some of the inputs you got?   I have the same question
>and would like to see what others did and how it worked.

Yes of course, the summary is:

* Empirical data suggests that it has worked very well in the past so it
should work again.

* Try to keep the fence earth free if possible

* Break up the conductors / wires of the fence with insulators if
possible

* try not to have the feed point close to the start of the fence, i.e.
move the start of the beverage back a bit. ( hope that makes sense )

* If an alternate location exists - use that.

Whatever way you look at it, no one has said "waste of time - don't
bother" so I'll try it.

Regards Paul

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI        |