Re: Topband: 160m historical perspective

To: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m historical perspective
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 07:09:28 -0500
> I was just thinking today as this year draws to a close...
the top half of
> 160m was restored to amateurs from LORAN in 1985.  That's
20+ years ago.
> 160m has been a full-fledged amateur band now for over 20
years!

Except to the ARRL. It still isn't a real band to them, and
we should keep reminding them of that.

I remember conversations with Prose Walker and Prose telling
W2EQS, W1BB, and others that 160 could be fully restored if
the ARRL would only ask. As I recall that was around the
early to mid 70's.

It's time for the ARRL to quit treating 160 like an unwanted
out-of-wedlock accident they are stuck with, and welcome it
into the family with loving arms.

73 Tom