Re: Topband: FairRite Products 2873000202

To: Kenneth Grimm <kgrimm@adelphia.net>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FairRite Products 2873000202
From: "Augie (Gus) Hansen" <augie.hansen@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:09:31 -0700
On 2/3/06 3:04 PM, "Kenneth Grimm" <kgrimm@adelphia.net> wrote:

> OK, I give up.  Who supplies the highly recommended FairRite Products
> 2873000202 core that is used in all the matching transformers.  I would
> like to try a few, but can't find them in the Mouser catalog.  Digikey
> doesn't seem to carry them either.  Are you folks buying them from
> FairRite direct?  It is curious that such a highly touted core is
> invisible at the retail level!

I recently bought a quantity of the equivalent part (BN-73-202) from Amidon
along with some small diameter Teflon tubing (recommended to reduce
capacitance between windings). They're in Costa Mesa, CA. They have a
reasonable minimum order which I easily exceeded. Shipping cost was not
expensive.

Telephone: 714-850-4660

Gus Hansen, KB0YH