Re: Topband: FairRite Products 2873000202

To: "Kenneth Grimm" <kgrimm@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: FairRite Products 2873000202
From: "Andy Ikin" <andy.ikin@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:12:35 -0000
"OK, I give up.  Who supplies the highly recommended FairRite Products
2873000202 core that is used in all the matching transformers.  I would
like to try a few, but can't find them in the Mouser catalog.  Digikey
doesn't seem to carry them either.  Are you folks buying them from
FairRite direct?  It is curious that such a highly touted core is
invisible at the retail level! "

Ken, you could try  FairRite Products stockist; Elna Magnetics in Woodstock
NY www.elnamagnetics.com.

There is a minimun order charge!

Btw, type 73 material is conductive, so you need to sleeve the core or use
wire with a thicker insulation than enamal.  If you are happy to use twice
the number of turns, then consider using 2843000202, you don't need to
sleeve these cores as are non-conductive!

73s

Andy  Ikin G8LUG