Re: Topband: Linear loaded vertical H

To: John Tait <bravo@iol.ie>, armin.ficza@nokia.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Linear loaded vertical H
From: Roy Morgan <roy.morgan@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:54:11 -0400
At 12:02 PM 9/11/2006, John Tait wrote:
> > I modelled a vertical H antenna with folded legs, 12m height and 34m
> > wide. ...
>*Hi Armin..
>          I have been using this type of antenna for some years with very
>good results.  ... the idea from Rudy N6LF's article in QEX:
>http://rudys.typepad.com/ant/files/antenna_vertical_loaded.pdf

John and Armin,

I read with interest the N6LF article that tells of using a metal roof
about 35 by 60 feet as the lower "disk".  My new radio shack will be in a
barn that has a metal roof a bit smaller than this, but I'm willing to try
it out.  I have trees off one end of the roof peak, and may have to either
put up a support for the other end, or let it slope.

Has anyone else used a metal roof this way?

Roy

- Roy Morgan, K1LKY since 1959 - Keep 'em Glowing
13033 Downey Mill Road, Lovettsville, VA 20180
Phone 540-822-5911   Cell 301-928-7794
Work: Voice: 301-975-3254,  Fax: 301-975-6097
roy.morgan@nist.gov --