Re: Topband: VK9WWI Report

To: "GEORGE WALLNER" <gwallner@the-beach.net>,<Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VK9WWI Report
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:04:54 -0400
On 8th October, George wrote...

"...The Beverage worked so well that a couple of days later we extended it
to 220 meters... The extended Beverage, however, produced much better
signals, especially on 160 m... The Beverage worked very well for us for the
rest of the operation. It was very good on 160 meters and it was superb on
80 meters..."

Most interesting, George --- your decision to erect a Beverage runs in
direct opposition to ON4UN's admonitions against utilizing Beverages near
salt water like that...

"When in doiubt, check it out," I guess. Thanks so much for a most engaging
write-up on your experiences there!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ