Re: Topband: A question on L's

To: <shristov@ptt.yu>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A question on L's
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:12:58 -0500
> are you saying that the bandwidth is
> proportional to the diameter/length ratio?

Well, I was saying that.

> Isn't it proportional to the logarithm of the ratio?

Yes, but now even that doesn't make sense to me.

When I make an inverted L or vertical with the same size
wire as a dipole, the Inverted L or vertical always seems to
have about twice the bandwidth (or more) no matter how good
the ground system is.

Now that I think about it that doesn't make sense, but that
always has been how it is when I have done it. I always have
a big bandwidth problem with a dipole.

Something else I missed has been at work. I'm not sure what
at the moment, but I'd like to learn what.

73 Tom