Re: Topband: A question on L's

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A question on L's
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:33:14 -0800
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:12:58 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:

>Something else I missed has been at work.

I think your hypothesis for what you've observed makes sense, at
least for radials on/in the ground, whether the effect is log or
linear. Think of it this way -- the other half of the antenna (the
radial system) is very broadband, so only the top half (the
radiator) contributes to narrowing the bandwidth. If we're correct,
the effect would not be there for resonant elevated radials. Does
that make sense?

73,

Jim K9YC