Topband: Daylight QSO

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Daylight QSO
From: calle.jonsson@sverige.nu
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 10:43:03 +0100 (CET)
I have followed the "daylight qso" discussion with some interest. Here are
a few european notions: Quite often this winter I have heard (and once
worked) UA9KAA calling CQ well after my sunrise around 7Z (8 local time).
His local time must have been around noon indicating that his waves
travelled in daylight all the way to my rcvr. On a few occasions I have
heard Far East Russions (like UA0CW, UW0CR in Khabarovsk) call CQ NA at my
noon which also indicates that the waves travelled a good distance in
daylight. Any comments? 73 Carl SM6CPY