Topband: New to 160m!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: New to 160m!
From: Tammie M3ENF <tammie_m3enf@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 08:46:59 +0100
Hi all, I have been only been part of your fantastic group for a few days now but feel I am learning quite a lot so far! I am very new to TopBand - yet to make a QSO. I have just put up an end-fed wire about 40m long which also has an 80m trap in the centre and it has very good/near perfect SWR on 160m, 80m and even 40m! I am ashamed to say I am not on CW (one of those things I will learn one day...) so only able to use SSB/phone section of the band. Being over in England, UK what sort of times should I be listening for people? I have scanned around a bit but just hit a solid wall of noise, which I'm told is what to expect!

73 Tammie M3ENF
Eastbourne, England
06:47:00