Re: Topband: Common mode chokes

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Common mode chokes
From: "G4GED Dave" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:45:09 -0000
From: <doktorij@bellsouth.net>

> Bill noted painting as another option. So far the only exterior boxes I'm
> had to paint were made of fiberglass. It seems they only take a few years
> of weather before they need attention. Probably need to treat them like a
> boat and do annual treatments...

I double "weather resist" all my various plastic outdoor cct boxes/baluns
etc  by positioning them in such a way that I can slip an an approprately
sized upside-down plastic soft drinks bottle (cut off at neck) over the top.
1or 2 gal square'ish plastic detergent containers for large boxes etc.
Again, cut-off at the filler end. Had no failures at all in past 5 years,
not even with the plastic bottles ;-).
73 Dave