Re: Topband: Low Dipole for RX

To: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Low Dipole for RX
From: Garry Shapiro <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:53:47 -0700
You never know. During an unusual Euro opening years ago (Christmas Week
'97?) GI3OQR was huge on the West Coast. I recall Tree commenting that
he was loudest on a low dipole in a drainage gully---actually below mean
ground level. If you have a very steep arrival angle, as is possible
right at the gray line and/or emergence from a duct, the cloudwarmer
dipole can indeed be effective.

In my case, deep in a canyon with high horizons, I depend upon high
arrival angles.

Garry, NI6T