Re: Topband: Coax Loops

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Coax Loops
From: Björn Mohr <bm@broadcast.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:49:13 +0100
On 19 nov 2009, at 06.16, Markus VE7CA wrote:

> If you live in the country away from other humans and all
> their electronic RFI generators then it is unlikley a coax loop will
> make
> much difference compared to a transmitting antenna.

My QTH is in a very quiet / rural location but I will argue that any
loop (or other RX antenna) will improve s/n ratio compared to the TX
antenna, especially if it is a vertical. I use a 20ft coax loop +
several pennants and the difference is big. Static on the vertical is
normally S7-S9, and there is virtually no local noise at all.

Of course my experience might be different from others.

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG
SE0X