Re: Topband: Chicken Wire

To: "Thomas F. Giella NZ4O" <nz4o@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Chicken Wire
From: David Hollander <n7rk@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 20:25:31 -0700
Thats an interesting comment about the chicken wire. I have been using
it since the mid 1970's for the ground systems for all of my vertical
antennas and it has worked extremely well. I would not rule it out
despite what the book says.

I learned about it back in the 1970's from two hams I worked with who
were ex-broadcast engineers.

Although I had not done much on 160, they were part of my 80/75 meter
vertical system, singles and phased verticals and have been good for
over 280 countries on 80 meters.

Being in the desert, it does not take as much of a beating but it still
does need to replaced eventually. The last screen was replaced after 8 years

73,

Dave N7RK
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector