Topband: Chicken Wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Chicken Wire
From: cris@gm4fam.plus.com
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:25:25 -0000
If you don't mind the unsightly effect then I recommend as many as
possible corrugated sheets around the base of the vertical.  I use them
over a full set of 120 x .41 lambda radials on 40m - they make a big
difference.
They also stop the rabbits from biting thru the radial wires - in
September I noticed that a family of a rare species of toad had nested
under one of the sheets (now marked with a white cross to remind me not to
tread on it!).

73 Cris
GM4FAM